- Hits: 11
A few of my observations about doing well in alliance wars that may help y'all :)
- Send a test hit with about 3k heavy calvary in the beginning. This will tell you what the opposing knight is like, whether it has high hero and most of all whether and how many imperial guards there are. If they have a lot of imps don't waste your might any further. it will give opposing alliances more ratio. Note an imp is 1 might. heavy calvery is 24.
- Avoid alliances in the top 5 unless your knight and heros are very good. And bear in mind they like to stack up imps and thats no good for us.
- Good alliances to hit are Blades of honour, stress free, kok mafia and even a bunch in alliances Guardian Kings, Diamonds and Dire Wolves. With the latter 3 however you might want to check their troop kill scores. The higher their tk (troop kill) scores the more likely you will be going up against a high knight and some good heros. Unless you have a decent knight and hero's you might want to avoid those with 1 billion tk or more. You can check this by looking at the bottom of the screen in city view, clicking on 'Rank' (it has a cup / trophy icon) and then on Might rank, type the persons name then when their name comes up, click the 3rd tab at the top where it says troops killed. This shows you their all time troop kill score, and the troops they have killed in the last week and the week before. This will give you some idea as to how experienced they are and how good their knight and heros are.
- Doves do not work. So don't waste your doves. When somebody takes an outpost they are loved for a few mins just to reinforce after which folk can hit. Unless you have a big knight and heros don't bother with this.
- In general don't bother to take outposts to defend unless you have a big knight and heros. If you take one by mistake then perhaps just put your knight on the square with your best defence knight and your heros and put one swordsman there just to kill something with very little loss.
- We need to check on this next time round but so far after the event ends you get all your troops back. So just look for as much kill as you can get but try not to give away any more might than you are losing. We need to maintain ratio. If you are losing ratio then you are doing more harm than good. Check this site for a guide to how your hits are doing ratio wise so you get the best shots in.
- If you are getting good ratio then the use of speed ups may be very well advised. This will prevent others getting in on the kill before you! Remember the weaker alliances will be a target for everybody so try to get in first.